Sunday, October 31, 2010

RANDOM MUSINGS

In order to make my Silk Yardage more available, I have priced it per yard for the individual who wishes to make smaller pieces or accessories. Multi-yard orders will have a 20% discount returned to them through PayPal.

This past year, I introduced two new yarn lines to provide you with a greater fiber choice – Poet Seat Yarns and New England Yarns. The Poet Seat Yarn Line started with a 50/50 blend of Superwash Merino and Silk, then 75/25 Superwash Merino and Nylon, and added a DK weight 50/50 and most recently Superwash Merino, Cashmere and Nylon (80/10/10) and finally Baby Alpaca, Silk and Cashmere (70/20/10). The New England Yarns are my entry into the heavier weight fibers – BFL/Alpaca 50/50 and 100% BFL. Your response to these entries has been very gratifying.

I will continue with the other fibers as they become available in a reliable fashion and I hope to experiment with plant fibers as time allows.

I am always interested in hearing about your ideas for colorways, combinations, names and what inspired them. That helps to keep me from getting into a color rut! What's your FANCY!

Gail

No comments: